Oregon Home For Sale Features Country Lifestyle 35240 McKenzie View Dr, Springfield, OR 97478, USA
This Oregon home for sale was originally on a 4.22 acre blackberry patch and is attached to 1,000 feet of absolutely stunning riverfront. This beautiful property for sale is located just outside of Eugene, Oregon.
This property land area has been developed as follows: During the first year we reviewed house plans and cleared off the two plus acres located furthest from the house. It was covered with wild blackberries from six to twelve feet tall. The result revealed a beautiful partially wooded picnic, canoeing/boating/swimming and recreational area that would rival most any local park.
This waterfront home is amongst Oregon’s Mohawk River and is a private river. The flow off the back of the house is ideal for a country life-style!
The house was originally very well constructed and thus over a few years we doubled the size of the existing house and replaced with many additions. The additions included more ceiling, attic, wall and floor insulation, a new roof & siding, many internal and external amenities/upgrades including decks, porches, a huge family room and two master bedroom suites & a heated spa tub.
Each year we continued modifications and all work was permitted. All four structures (Barn, House, Greenhouse and Shop) are NOT in the flood plain. Elevation Certificate is available.
This 2,619 square foot Custom Home comes with a fireplace – 3 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom, Huge Family and Dining area, Breakfast Nook and an extra large home office or such, screening room, nursery or craft area (does have a large closet, but contains no windows). Air control also includes a heat pump. Well and Septic tank system is fully functional. In total there are 3 Decks (2 covered, 1 partially covered).
The property had its woven wire fences replaced with board fence, flowerbeds were raised, strawberry and vegetable gardens were planted along with a variety of plumb, cherry and other fruit trees and flowering shrubs. The land has had wonderful farm animals to include lamas, and chickens. Property includes wooded area, pasture land and private beach areas
Eventually we built the 40 x 60 “Dream Shop”, wired for 220, has a separate service and an unfinished 1,000 sq.ft. bonus room upstairs. Custom Shop (40×60) with separate power meter, wired for 220 and a locking office on the lower level. Upper level contains an unfinished bonus room (approximately 1,000 sq ft) and a finished outside upper deck with spectacular river view.
· Large great room with wet bar & built-in surround sound.
· Two master bedroom suites with large walk in closets, separate entrances & full baths
(both masters have river views and a covered deck at entrance).
· Spa tub in primary master bath.
· Third conventional bedroom (with bay window river view).
· Home office with built-in storage space. This room has a large closest, but no window so it could be perfect for a home theater.
· Fenced pasture areas & fenced veggie garden.
· Barn 20×24 with tack room, loafing shed, stalls and attached dog kennel.
· Chicken coop.
· Fenced steer pens attached to barn along with a water hydrant.
· Greenhouse with movable work bench and water hydrant.
· Abundant fruit trees: 3 Bing cherry, 2 apple, pear, 2 nectarine & 4 types of plum trees.
· Other fruit: 12 blueberry bushes, ever bearing strawberry garden, 3 rhubarb plants, white grape vines and red grape vines. All bear fruit.
· Vegetable garden: Each October we plant onions & two types of garlic. During planting season, we usually plant: peas, carrots, bush beans, beets, corn, pickling cucumbers, regular cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, egg plant, celery, spinach, lettuce, salad mix, more onions and pumpkins.
· Raised veggie bed: Spring brings asparagus. When weather permits we would plant bell peppers & tomatoes.
· Raised spice garden: Contains rosemary, tarragon, thyme, Greek oregano, Italian oregano, chives and parsley.
· Lots of picnic space at rivers edge.
· RV parking.
So here we are ready to retire but all our children and grandchildren living east of the Mississippi. With much regret this property is for sale. The time has come to “pass the baton” to the third owner of this grand, amazing slice of beautiful Oregon.